Medical Technology And Evaluation Week 2 Quiz Answer
Medical Technology And Evaluation
Week 2 Quiz Answer
Clinical Trials and Insurance Claims Data
Clinical Trials and Insurance Claims Data following is an example of an experimental design?
- Case study
- Patient survey
- Observational study
- Randomized controlled trial
Which of the following is not an alternative to randomization?
- A placebo treatment.
- Historical controls.
- Systematic alternation of treatments.
- Non-randomized concurrent controls.
Who is “blinded” in a double blind trial design?
- Patient and Caregiver
- Patient and Statistician
- Patient and Investigator/Provider
- Investigator/Provider and Statistician
Which of the following elements is included in claims data?
- Prices and patient demographics.
- Diagnoses and procedure codes.
- Procedure codes and prices.
- All of the above.
Which of the following is not a benefit of claims data?
- Includes physicians’ notes.
- Large samples.
- Includes all sources of care.
- Diagnoses and procedures.
What are DRGs used for?
- Measuring QALYs.
- FDA approval.
- Medicare inpatient billing/payment.
- Prescription drug reimbursement.
What population is covered by Medicare?
- Ages 65 and older and disabled
- The working population
- None of the above
Which of the following is not a potential source of bias?
Which of the following questions can a meta-analysis answer?
- What is the size of the effect?
- What is the direction of the effect?
- Is the effect consistent across studies?
- All of the above
True or False: claims data can only be used for policy research.