Case Study: Updating Desktop Software Quiz Answer
In this article i am gone to share Case Study: Updating Desktop Software Quiz Answer with you..
You are working at tech support via chat, and receive the following message:
User: Hello, I just installed a new version of Windows on my laptop, and the software I usually use is not working.
Agent: Hi, let’s see if I can help you. Your problem isn’t unusual. Usually an operating system is backward-compatible, but it’s impossible to ensure that compatibility with all the software you may have installed.
What does “backward-compatible” mean?
- The OS is compatible with different types of devices.
- The OS is compatible with older hardware.
- The OS is compatible with earlier versions of that OS.
- The OS is an upgrade and/or an update to an earlier version of that OS.
User: OK, so what can we do to fix it?
Agent: Sometimes a new installation of a software package will include fixes and updates that might help. I suggest we uninstall the software and reinstall it on your system. To make sure the new version is clean, we should uninstall the existing installation.
How can you uninstall a software package in Windows?
- Navigate to Uninstall in the System menu, and select the app.
- Install different software that performs the same function.
- Navigate to Apps in the Settings menu, select the app, and select Uninstall.
- Delete the icon from the desktop.
Agent: Do you have admin privileges on your computer so that you can install software yourself?
Agent: Then go ahead and uninstall the version of the software you currently use.
User: <pause> Alright, I’ve followed the steps and uninstalled the software.
Agent: Great! Since you want to make sure you have the latest version, I assume you’ll be installing from the website of the publisher, correct?
User: Yes, and I already have the website open – I was checking earlier to see whether they had any advice about compatibility.
Agent: Excellent. We’ll need to check a few things on your system before we get started with the new installation.
Which three of the following need to be checked before installing software? Select all that apply.
- Source of the software being installed
- Whether or not the software is open source
- Version of the software being installed
- System requirements like RAM space and processor speed
User: OK, I’ve checked all those things and it’s looking good. I guess we’re ready to reinstall.
Agent: Great! So, from the website, navigate to the installation page, then download and run the installer.
What is an installer?
- A piece of software that checks for prerequisites of the software being installed
- A checklist for software installation
- A process that copies software into a computer’s folder
- A piece of software that automatically installs another piece of software
User: The installer has completed the installation process.
Agent: Can you try opening the new software and see if it functions?
User: Yes, that looks good – thanks a lot!
Agent: Happy to help! Please call again if you have any questions.
After this exchange, your manager asks you to use this information to create a knowledge base entry.
Which one of the following would be the most useful information to add?
- Ways to make the interaction more user friendly
- Instructions for doing the same procedure in MacOS
- A list of installation websites for popular software
- Troubleshooting techniques to help avoid reinstalling software