Case Study: Database Roles and Permissions Quiz Answer
In this article i am gone to share Case Study: Database Roles and Permissions Quiz Answer with you..
Mina is a tech support agent, and she answers a call from Stephen.
Stephen: Hello, I need access to a project database so I can add tables to it and put in information about the project. Can you get me access right now?
Mina: Hi, thanks for calling. Looking up your database, I see that access requires manager approval.
What is the appropriate action for this request?
- Grant permission immediately without manager approval.
- Tell the user you cannot fulfill this request.
- Ask the user to provide documentation of manager approval.
- Grant permission immediately and ask the manager for approval retroactively.
Mina: Do you have any documented permission from your manager that you can send me?
Stephen: What? I need this right now! Our project is due next week and nobody can get anything done until I can get this information into the database!
Stephen is becoming upset. Which of the following responses could Mina give to demonstrate a customer service mindset?
- I hear that you’re worried about your deadlines. Let me assure you that I’ll get this done as quickly as I can for you. I will need your manager’s approval, though – it’s policy I need to follow.
I’m sorry, but I can’t do what you’re asking.
Stephen: Well, OK. Let me ask my manager on chat if she can send the approval to you.
Mina: Thanks! I’ll just wait then.
Stephen: I talked to her and she’s sending you that right now.
Mina: Oh great, I see it. Let’s get you set up with the database access.
What type of permission should Mina give to Stephen?
Which of the following is a best practice to ensure that Stephen has only the necessary permissions?
- Assign everyone on the team the same role.
- Create a variety of roles that contain different level permissions for users and assign the user with a role that grants only the necessary permissions.
- Allow the user to assign their own roles and permissions as needed.
- Grant all permissions just in case the user needs them later.
Mina: That should let you do whatever you need to do for your team. Did you have any other questions?
Stephen: Yes – will I be able to give access to my assistant?
Which of the following is relevant to answering the user’s question?
- The type of database the team uses
- The manager’s approval for access
- The type of permission the user has
- The structure of the team’s database
Stephen: Thanks, that should be all for now.
Mina: Great, and please call back if you have any other issues!