Capstone and Practice Exam (AZ-500) Coursera Quiz Answers
In this article i am gone to share Capstone and Practice Exam (AZ-500) Coursera Quiz Answers with you..
Enrol Link: Capstone and Practice Exam (AZ-500)
Knowledge check: Recap: Secure Access with Azure Active Directory
You are the IT administrator for a rapidly growing technology company that operates across multiple locations globally. The company relies on diverse applications, including Microsoft 365, Salesforce, Dropbox, and custom-developed cloud applications, to support its operations. The company is considering implementing Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to ensure efficient access management and bolster security measures.
How can Azure AD be utilized to manage user access for these various applications and enhance security within your organization?
- By offering multifactor authentication for a single application of choice
- By enabling access only to applications hosted on the corporate intranet
- By providing access exclusively to Microsoft 365 applications
- By centralizing user identities and enabling single sign-on (SSO) for all applications
Imagine you are an IT administrator responsible for managing access and permissions within your organization’s Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) environment. How does Azure AD manage permissions for members, guest users, and object ownership?
- Members and guest users always have the same default permissions sets.
- Member users possess specific permissions over owned objects in Azure AD.
- Object ownership permissions are solely granted to application registration owners.
- Object ownership permissions cannot be customized based on the situation.
As an Azure AD administrator, you are tasked with managing user properties, authentication methods, and passwords of group members within your organization’s environment. What are the limitations and requirements associated with these tasks after members have been added?”
- Group members must be part of the administrative unit for managing user properties and authentication methods.
- Group administrators do not have the capability to reset passwords for group members; this action requires management through the administrative unit.
- User properties and authentication methods can be managed within Azure AD.
- Direct management of user properties and authentication methods through the group’s settings is impossible; management through the administrative unit is required.
You are the IT manager of a fast-paced organization with a large workforce spread across different locations. Your team often receives many help desk calls about forgotten passwords and locked accounts, leading to significant productivity losses. In this context, what benefits are associated with implementing Azure AD’s Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) feature?
- Users receive support from the help desk for password-related issues.
- It empowers users to independently reset passwords and unblock accounts, reducing help desk calls and productivity losses.
- It enforces adherence to the organization’s password policy, requiring users to set passwords according to specified complexity requirements.
- It eliminates the need for users to remember their passwords.
You are an IT administrator tasked with understanding Azure AD’s authentication methods. In this context, what is the primary characteristic of federated authentication, and how does it relate to on-premises authentication systems?
- Federated authentication requires Azure AD to handle user authentication independently without relying on external systems.
- Federated authentication replaces on-premises authentication systems entirely with the integrated mechanism in Azure AD.
- Federated authentication enhances Azure AD’s built-in authentication capabilities without involving external systems.
- Federated authentication involves Azure AD delegating the authentication process to an external trusted system, like on-premises Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
Knowledge check: Recap: Identity Protection and Governance
You are a cybersecurity analyst responsible for implementing enhanced security measures within your organization’s Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) environment. As part of your role, you’re utilizing Azure AD Identity Protection to safeguard user identities and access. What are the three policy types in Azure AD Identity Protection?
- User behavior policy, authentication assessment policy, and password complexity policy
- Identity verification, access control, and multifactor authentication policies.
- Credential assessment policy, device management policy, and single sign-on policy.
- User risk policy, sign-in risk policy, and multifactor registration policy.
An organization is looking to streamline the management of user identities, credentials, policies, and access in its internal systems and hybrid environments. Which solution is designed to address these needs effectively?
- Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM)
- Microsoft Office suite
- Microsoft Cloud Services
- Microsoft project management
You’re a cloud infrastructure engineer working for a company that heavily relies on Microsoft Azure for its IT operations. Your responsibilities include efficiently managing the deployment and maintenance of various resources in Azure. In this context, what is the primary contribution of Azure Resource Manager in managing resources within your Azure account?
- ARM optimizes server performance and load balancing within your Azure account.
- ARM is a virtualization platform for running applications in isolated environments.
- ARM offers cloud-based storage solutions for secure data backup and retention.
- ARM provides a management layer that enables the creation, updates, and deletion of resources, along with features for access control, locks, and organization.
When working with Azure resource management, which built-in role category primarily encompasses the authority to bestow access to others, govern resources, and generate new resources?
If you attempt to delete the infrastructure resource group on which CanNotDeletelock is applied, what result can you anticipate based on the provided details?
- The lock on the resource group will be automatically removed.
- Deletion will trigger an error message indicating a lock is in place.
- A confirmation prompt will appear before the resource group is deleted.
- The resource group will be deleted without any issues.
Knowledge check: Recap: Implement Platform Protection
As a network administrator for a medium-sized company that deals with sensitive customer information, your responsibility is to enhance network security and isolation to prevent unauthorized access and data breaches. Which of the following options would be most effective in addressing this scenario?
- Disable all firewalls and rely on strong encryption for data protection.
- Share the same set of credentials among all employees to streamline login processes.
- Implement a flat network architecture to simplify management and reduce complexity.
- Set up a perimeter network (also known as DMZ, demilitarized zone) to isolate public-facing servers from the internal network.
As a cloud architect, your task is to configure the security of a company’s cloud resources. The goal is to restrict access to authorized users and services only. Why should you choose service endpoints to achieve this goal?
- Service endpoints enable resources within a virtual network to communicate privately with specific Azure services.
- Service endpoints provide an encrypted tunnel for data transfer between on-premises systems and cloud resources.
- Service endpoints allow external applications to access resources in the cloud without authentication directly.
- Service endpoints are used to expose sensitive data to the public internet securely.
As a cybersecurity engineer, you are responsible for improving the security of your organization’s web applications. The management has chosen to deploy a Web Application Firewall (WAF) to reduce the risks of possible threats. Following the proper procedures to ensure the WAF is implemented effectively is crucial during the deployment stage. Identify the recommended steps when deploying a Web Application Firewall (WAF). Select all that apply.
- Choose a WAF solution compatible with your web server and application framework.
- WAF should be implemented in logging mode without proper testing and analysis.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of your web application’s vulnerabilities.
- Place the WAF behind your load balancer to inspect incoming traffic before it reaches the web server.
If you need to manage security for Azure Container Instances (ACI), what is the best way to limit incoming and outgoing traffic flow to and from your containers?
- Network security groups (NSGs)
- Azure Active Directory
- Virtual Network service endpoints
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud
When configuring network isolation for Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), which option allows you to control communication between pods within the same node?
- Service endpoints
- Network policies
- Virtual network peering
- Network security groups (NSGs)
Knowledge check: Recap: Secure Your Applications
You are tasked with configuring access to an Azure Key Vault for a team of developers working on a sensitive project. The developers need to be able to retrieve secrets from the Key Vault to integrate them into the application they are building. Your goal is to grant them the necessary access while following best practices for security. What is the recommended approach to configuring access to the Azure Key Vault for the development team?
- Assign the Key Vault Contributor role to the development team at the subscription level.
- Create a custom access policy on the Key Vault and grant the Get permission to the development team’s Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) group.
- In the application code, embed the secret values directly and restrict Key Vault access entirely.
- Share the primary access key of Azure Key Vault with the development team.
What is the primary purpose of the Microsoft identity platform?
- Managing social media accounts
- Enabling secure authentication and authorization for applications
- Providing cloud-based storage solutions
- Creating virtual reality experiences
You are a developer working on a new web application utilizing Microsoft Azure for authentication and authorization. As part of the setup process, you must register your application with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) using App Registration. What is the primary purpose of registering your application with App Registration in Azure AD?
- To enable communication between different applications
- To create a user interface for the application
- To optimize the application’s performance and scalability
- To configure authentication and authorization settings for the application
Jane is a developer working on an application that needs to access a user’s calendar events through Microsoft Graph API. She is configuring the necessary permissions for the application in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). Which Microsoft Graph permission should Jane select to ensure her application can retrieve calendar events?
When configuring and enabling managed identities in Azure, what are the key differences between system-assigned and user-assigned managed identities? Select all that apply.
- User-assigned managed identities are automatically created by Azure, while system-assigned managed identities must be manually provisioned.
- System-assigned managed identities are recommended for scenarios where fine-grained access control is required, while user-assigned managed identities are more suitable for simple applications.
- User-assigned managed identities automatically rotate credentials, while system-assigned managed identities require manual credential management.
- System-assigned managed identities are tied to a specific Azure resource, while user-assigned managed identities can be shared across multiple resources.
Knowledge check: Recap: Secure Your Data at Rest
How can you use stored access policies to control access and expiration for shared access signatures (SAS)?
- By changing the storage account keys
- By changing the SAS token’s permissions
- By associating SAS with a stored access policy
- By associating SAS with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
You are tasked with ensuring regulatory compliance for data retention in your Azure Storage. How can you meet these compliance requirements?
- By implementing Azure Blob data retention policies, including time-based and legal hold policies
- By applying customer-managed keys to all data stored in Blob Storage
- By using Azure Files authentication to ensure data retention compliance
- By enabling Azure AD Domain Services (Azure AD DS) for tracking policy-related actions
You are the IT Manager of a fast-growing technology startup specializing in developing innovative mobile applications. With the rapid expansion of the company’s user base, managing user identities and ensuring data security has become a top priority. How can you use Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) authentication to streamline user identity management in Azure SQL Database?
- By enabling users to manage their authentication methods using the ALTER LOGIN command
- By controlling user identity proliferation and simplifying password management using Azure AD identities
- By linking user accounts directly to Windows login credentials
- By allowing users to create their own user accounts directly in the master database
Which of the following Microsoft Defender plans is designed to continuously assess clusters, provide visibility into misconfigurations, and generate security alerts for suspicious activities on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) clusters and Linux nodes within your cloud environment?
- Defender for Servers
- Defender for Containers
- Defender for Resource Manager
- Defender for SQL
You are responsible for managing the data security of your organization’s Azure SQL Database. You are exploring options to enhance security by encrypting data at rest. Which of the following scenarios warrants using a customer-managed asymmetric key to protect the database encryption key (DEK) for transparent data encryption (TDE)?
- Using advanced encryption standard (AES) 256 encryption for individual database fields
- Using a built-in server certificate for TDE in Azure SQL Database
- Storing the DEK within an Azure Key Vault for TDE managed by the customer
- Implementing a costumer-managed encryption algorithm for TDE in Azure SQL Database
Knowledge check: Recap: Manage Security Operations
How can you enable the streaming of diagnostic logs programmatically?
- By creating a new Azure subscription
- Using the Azure Monitor REST API or Azure portal
- Exclusively through the Azure portal
- By sending an email request to the designated recipient
As a security analyst, you’re investigating a potential security breach within your organization. During your analysis, you discover that the attacker has successfully accessed an Azure-based resource. Which phase of the Cyber Kill Chain model is this intrusion most likely to be associated with?
- Command and control (C2)
You’re responsible for securing your organization’s virtual machines (VMs) and want to minimize the attack surface by controlling access to management ports. Which Microsoft Defender for Cloud solution can help you achieve this?
- Enabling just-in-time (JIT) VM access
- Implementing proactive threat hunting
- Enabling resource locks
- Limiting login attempts
Your team has recently integrated Microsoft Sentinel into security operations. During routine analysis, you notice a series of abnormal activities in the logs of your critical financial transaction systems. You suspect these activities might be indicative of a potential breach attempt. You want to automate the process of investigating and responding to these anomalies. Which Microsoft Sentinel feature can you leverage to automate and orchestrate threat responses, ensuring swift and consistent incident resolution?
- Kusto Query Language (KQL)
- Azure Monitor Workbooks
As a cybersecurity analyst using Microsoft Sentinel to investigate potential security incidents, you’ve received an alert regarding unusual activities within your network. Which actions should you include in your investigation process? Select all that apply.
- Reboot affected serversFeedback: Rebooting servers may disrupt ongoing malicious activities, but it can also potentially destroy valuable evidence for further investigation.
- Enable Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Implement network security best practices
- Create custom analytics rules to generate incidents
- Review logs and analyze collected data
Visit this link: Module quiz: Recap of Azure security technologies Quiz Answers
Visit this link: Capstone and Practice Exam (AZ-500) Practice Exam Answers