Set SMART Goals to Get Ahead in Your Career Quiz Answer
Check Your Understanding: “Set SMART goals to get ahead in your career”
Question 1) Instructions: All questions in this quiz refer to the reading, “Set SMART goals to get ahead in your career.” You are allowed to refer to this reading as you answer these questions. You can open the reading in a new tab by clicking one of the links:
ADVANCED: https://www.coursera.org/learn/careerdevelopment/supplement/wcWM8/set-smart-goals-to-get-ahead-in-your-career ____________
Making a career goal is about planning for the future in your career and ____.
- meeting new people
- making more money
- identifying the steps to reach that goal
Question 2) Which examples from the text are common career goals? Check all that apply.
- Make more money
- Have new experiences
- Move to a new location
- Increase vacation time
- Increase professional knowledge and training
Question 3) Which one of the following is an attainable goal?
- Work as a programmer for 5 years, then become President of Google.
- Work as a web designer for 5 years at a small company, then start my own graphic design company.
Question 4) Which of the following tips from the text will help to reach your goals? Check all that apply.
- Read a book.
- Be creative.
- Write your goals.
- Set a deadline.
- Have a partner.
- Give yourself a reward for completed steps.