Connecting Employers With Job Seekers in Today’s Economy Quiz Answer
Check Your Understanding: “Connecting Employers with Job Seekers in
Instructions: All questions in this quiz refer to the listening, “Connecting Employers with Job Seekers in Today’s Economy.” You are allowed to refer to this listening as you answer these questions. You can open the listening in a new tab by clicking the link: https://www.coursera.org/learn/careerdevelopment/lecture/feSku/listeningconnecting employers-with-job-seekers-in-todays-economy
True or False. According to the reporter, experts think improved communication
and technology skills would fill in the “skills gap.”
What is “semantic search”?
- A website that is used to advertise new jobs
- A computer program that matches keywords between job postings, resumes, and other documents
According to the reporter, what are the benefits of using “semantic search”? Choose two options.
- The program will create more jobs.
- The program will fill more jobs.
- The program will produce better resumes.
- The program will lead to better matches.
According to the reporter, what can companies do to attract better workers?
Choose two options.
- Recruit workers from other companies
- Put job advertisements on more websites to reach more workers
- Write job advertisements that are understandable
- Train hiring managers to better understand the companies or businesses
According to the reporter, what one thing should job seekers do when applying
for a job?
- Improve their job skills
- Contact recruiters for job descriptions
- Be clear about how they can help the company